Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthdays in February.

Qaisarah started going to Tadika this year. She is 5 years old. For her birthday, she requested a red heart-shaped cake with a smiling face on it :). I made moist chocolate chiffon cake which recipe was from myresipi.com. Alya had fun covering the cake with red colored buttercream and made the smiling face on the cake. That was using chocolate ganache.

Qistina is 3. I made her the Red Velvet Cake. Honestly, I made the wrong cake. Not because it was not good but because it had buttermilk and cheese topping. I had wanted to try the recipe from KG so bad that I did not think straight. Qistina was ecstasy with her cake but too bad, she couldn't eat as much as she wanted to...

Here are photos of some bakes and cakes in February.
Moist Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese and Chocolate Ganache Topping for Kak Zaida's birthday. The topping was a bit over the top. I will try to reduce the sweetness next time.
The simple Victoria Sandwich with Ganache and cream puff for Kak Umi's birthday.
Thank you Amalina for this order. It was the Moist Chocolate Cake covered with Ganache...


This was for one of Alya's good friend, Suhaila. I am glad they had a fabulous time.