Monday, April 4, 2011

First time for everything

My first attempt at making fondant....
It was a bit hard and brittle. Not as pliable as the bought ones and too sweet as well. I will reduce the sugar next time. Sorry I can't put up the recipe here, it was from Lea Oven. We bought the DVDs on fondant making and fondant figurines. There will be many more attempts to come...
Alya's first attempt at making the teddies. Not bad at all.


First cupcakes with edible image. Upin & Ipin. The kids' choice. Qistina ate most of these. She would lick the buttercream only leaving the cake for Umar to finish.



These cupcakes were for Tasnim. Qaisarah's buddy.
I have shaky hands and never good in art. The cupcakes weren't very neatly done. I could have done better :(. I would have baked another batch or redecorated if I had the time. Anyway, I am glad to have made the cakes for Tasnim.
  ===================================================================
Once in a while, I buy fresh flowers from the market. Last Saturday I bought 2 stalks of lilies. It cost RM16. The kids don't like the smell but I somehow feel calm sniffing the fresh smell of the lilies. And the way the flower terlentok, masyaAllah...