Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Moist Chocolate Cake (Angah's)

This is the recipe which Ina And Ijun asked for. I didn't make the topping the first time I tried the recipe. That's why it wasn't so sweet.

The second time I baked this cake, I made the topping. Part of the cake was sold at the cafe, the kids ate the rest. I've received an order for this weekend. Alhamdulillah. I call it

Moist Chocolate Cake with semi sweet topping

2 eggs
1 cup cooking oil
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup brown sugar
A         1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cup chocolate fresh milk
½ cup water + 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
B         2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup cocoa powder
2 cups plain flour

Sift Mix B and premix Mix A.

Beat the eggs with both sugars until fluffy. Add the cooking oil. Add in Mix A and Mix B alternately in 3 batches.

Bake at 160C for 80 minutes.

Topping
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup condensed milk
1 tablespoon cooking oil

For the topping, place everything in a pan. Stir to slightly heat up. This should be quick. Do not boil.

Once the cake is cooled, pour the topping (while the topping is still warm. It thickens quickly).